|Position/Title:||Area Sales Manager (ASM) – Food China|
|Business stream:||Tomra Sorting Solutions (TSS) Food|
|Department:||Sales – Food business stream|
|Reports to:||Sales Director Food China|
|1. Directly report to Sales director
2. Take charge of daily sales activity to achieve ambitious strategy (for growth) and quotas in the China (emerging) market.
3. Take responsibility for local market intelligence, strategic market(ing) planning and developing of regions and/or applications, including competitor analysis and monitoring.
4. Understand market and customer needs and whereas required, drive the process of managing &/or adapting the equipment portfolio to enable (forecasted) growth within the given boundaries of the multiyear global & local food-strategy plan set forward by TSS-Food management (specific market and application segmentation). If potential exists outside the outlined strategy, prepare a business case outlining its potential.
5. Eager to drive sales result and develop a region &/or market specific application(s), whereas there is a likelihood to be the sales director’s potential successor in next 3-5 years or become a Regional Sales (&/or Product) Manager, potentially having to manage multiple direct sales reports (depending on growth achieved) or at least a network of agents/distributors. Whereas deemed fit, growth within the TSS-global sales (including product and/or market development) organization is also possible.
|Main Responsibilities:||1. Commercial cooperation:
· Cooperates in the search of interesting prospects and co-initiates partnerships in the assigned China-provinces or Product/Application specialities under the supervision of the Sales Director; though a high level of independence is needed, communicating also beyond China into the Food business unit structure of R&D, Marketing, Sales, business and market development, Market unit Management,…
· Finds it challenging to (help) explore and fully build up new markets
· Acquires actively the technical knowledge on the applications & machines within the TSS food-sorting business unit portfolio (applicable to the assigned application or region).
· Cooperates actively in drawing up the forecast on sales & achieving actual sales results (committed annual budgets).
· Initiate application tests on new or unknown applications; hence to develop either the application knowledge or identifying the equipment fit for the sorting task; whereas needed initiate also the required R&D to potentially enter a new (potential growth) market segment.
· Invites customers and prospects for demonstrations (on known & tested applications); customer invited for a demo are in ‘purchase mode’.
· Keeps commercials relations (new, but also all existing customers) continuously updated on new, interesting applications or upgrades and current projects.
2. Project and process Management of the sales within the assigned segment:
· When prospecting, consider set forward targets for the identification of prospect projects; report clearly details on possible lost projects.
· Maintain accurate leads, prospect and customer date in the available CRM system; accurately report project status.
· Acquires the process of drawing up offers (A to Z) for the customer/prospect for the requested application.
· Responsible for judging the commercial approach and maximizing margins on products offered and this within known/given limits; motivate deviations to these boundaries when judged needed.
· Searching for solutions and keeps on going in order to make longer sales projects successful (never give up mentality).
· Draws up careful reports/communication to customers.
3. Expanding the network of agents and market exploration:
· Prepared for national (and whereas needed also international) fairs in order to build customer relationships, generate leads,…
· Makes contacts on national (& international) fairs
· Encourages customers and prospects to visit the stand or our offices (and demo-centre).
· Monitors the contact in order to achieve to sales activity (and accurately report projects status). In case of project delays, report why, what,..
· Accurately monitor (and concur) competition activities towards the contacts.
· Actively explores the market in order to have an image on the possible sales potential (lead generation & prospect finding); the same should be supported by earlier drafted market mapping/evaluation, this in conjunction with the Market unit, Product and/or Market Directors, supporting the food business stream.
· Execute intelligence studies to maintain competition advantage; actively gather competitor information on assigned regions and/or market segment; report this in a structured manner to the whole organization (also outside China).
· Participate actively in the Annual Asia & Bi-Annual worldwide sales meetings, whereas direct sales, sales management, ASM’s, product, market R&D experts will attend; issue dedicated presentations upon sales and territorial activities.
|1. Bachelor or above degree, technical related major is preferred
2. Over 8 years’ sales experience with proved successful record.
3. Rich total solution/consultative selling skills in equipment or applications
4. Aggressive, ambitious, passion and can drive for result; never give up mentality
5. Good at Communication and coordination with internal/external resources
6. Fluency English (must – as all communication amongst collages internally is in English!) and Mandarin
7. Located in Xiamen with intensive travel to visit customers countrywide; regular visits TO TSS-Competence centres (mainly in Europe) or joint visits with customers outside China, are obviously also part of the tasks, being an ASM.