|Position/Title:||Sales Application Engineer|
|Business Stream:||Business Stream Food|
|Reports to:||Sales Application Manager|
|Sales application engineers are the primary technical resource for the field sales people and are responsible for actively driving the applications of Tomra sorting equipment.
The sales application engineer must be able to identify and provide reliable sorting solutions to assure complete customer satisfaction.
|Roles and Responsibilities:
|· Maintain expert level of Tomra product equipment and related applications.
· Identify customer’s needs and sales opportunities to help future growth.
· Assist in the design and development of new products and tools necessary to make target applications successful.
· Performs application tests on a wide range of Tomra equipment and challenge results continuously to obtain maximum customer satisfaction. Provide detailed test report for both business and technical users (internal and external).
· Takes responsibility of customer demonstration preparation. Includes gathering customer sorting requirements, designing demonstration process, preparing machine, maintain demo-area cleanness. Be professional and consultative to customer’s questions.
· Performs product demonstrations to potential customers. Can be both in-house or field trials at other location. All with the purpose of convincing potential customers to invest in Tomra equipment. Provide detailed test report for commercial use.
· Provides application support internally and externally. Takes responsibility of application related issues and makes sure everything is done to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
· Provide technical support to sales activities with customer visits, exhibitions, industry conferences, etc…
· Provides English/Chinese written test reports and application information.
· Respects and strives to achieve personal and team objectives.
· Travel to project sites worldwide to support all application related issues.
|· Bachelor or above majored in technology or Engineering
· Minimum 3 years’ work experience in demo engineer /service engineer/technical sales/ test engineer with good customer mindset.
· Available to travel 30- 50% of the time (within China for business travel and go Europe/America for product training/support).
· Strong Team spirit and good communication skill.
· Good spoken and written English.
· Used to multinational work environment is a plus.
|Soft skills/abilities:||· Reflect company’s core values (responsibility – innovation – passion)
· Good verbal and non-verbal communicator, brightness, clarity
· Good commercial sense, customer minded
· Logical thinking style, excellent problems solving abilities
· Time and multi-tasks management skill
· Pressure handling
· Stay pro-active & positive
· Creative thinking
· Eager to learn
· Eye for detail