|Position/Title:||Sales Application Engineer|
|Business Stream:||Business Stream Food|
|Reports to:||Sales Application Engineer Manager|
|Application engineers are the primary technical resource for the field sales people and are responsible for actively driving the applications of Tomra sorting equipment.
The application engineer must be able to identify and provide reliable sorting solutions to assure complete customer satisfaction.
|Roles and Responsibilities:
|· Maintain expert level of TOMRA product equipment and related applications.
· Listen, understand and convey customer requirements.
· Articulate technology and product applications to both business and technical users.
· Assist in the design and development of new products and tools necessary to make target applications successful.
· Perform application tests on a wide range of TOMRA equipment and challenge results continuously to obtain maximum customer satisfaction.
· Perform product demonstrations to potential customers. Can be both in-house, during demo weeks or field trials at location. All with the purpose of convincing potential customers to invest in TOMRA equipment.
· Takes responsibility during all steps in the process of a demonstration. From gathering customer sorting requirements to preparation, performing the demo, machine and demo-area cleaning and providing a detailed test report.
· Provides application support internally and externally. Takes responsibility of application related issues and makes sure everything is done to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
· Provides English/Chinese written test reports and application information.
· Respects and strives to achieve personal and team objectives.
· Identify customer’s needs and sales opportunities to help future growth.
· Travel to project sites worldwide to support all application related issues.
|· Bachelor or above with major in technology or Engineering
· 2-5 year’s total work experience in demo engineer /service engineer/technical sales/ test engineer with good customer mindset.
· Good or fluency oral English.
· Available to travel 40- 50% of the time (within China for business travel and go to Europe/America for product training).
|Soft skills/abilities:||· Reflect company’s core values (responsibility – innovation – passion) and support this towards other team members.
· Good verbal and non-verbal communicator, brightness, clarity
· Competitive, strives for maximum performance
· Customer minded
· Good positive drive
· Team player
· Eager to learn
· Eye for detail
· Organizational skills
· Time management skills
· Can deal with pressure and deadlines
· Looks continuously for improvements
· Challenge himself with the others of the team (local + cross-regional)
· Is critical and high demanding
· Can deal with stress and unexpected issues
· Coordinates his own projects and follows up accordingly
· Is pro-active.
· Always looking for new opportunities
· Takes responsibility