|Position/Title:||Technical Sales Associate (TSA) 技术销售助理|
|Reports to:||Regional/Area Sales Manager|
|Responsible for supporting the sales manager for TOMRA Sorting Solutions Food [TSS Food] optical sorting & peeling equipment to customers in China
We are seeking a dynamic, technically savvy Junior Sales Associate to be a part of our sales team at TOMRA.
We are the world-leader in the design and manufacturing of hi-tech industrial equipment that sorts defects from fast moving product streams in food processing industry. Our machines employ lasers, high-speed cameras, and other advanced technologies to inspect and detect out-of-spec products and foreign material which is then removed from the stream using jets of compressed air or mechanical fingers.
|Roles and Responsibilities:||Duties:
1. Provide support to the sales manager by relieving them of administrative work. Duties may include cold calling, qualifying the leads/opportunities, customer visits to get the basic requirements and project status from the potential customers, price quotations, presentation preparing for meetings/seminars, order processing/entry, or other related tasks.
2. Support and develop opportunities for the sales manager so they can achieve annual revenue targets [machine sales].
3. Assist sales manager and prepare for tests/demos (including arranging test sample, checking customer requirements, scheduling test date and deep communication with engineers, taking pictures/videos etc.), and writing customer demo reports.
4. Develop and strengthen the relationship with customers by conducting regular visits to customer sites with or without sales manager and meeting with engineering, operations, and maintenance personnel. Be present and assist in new machine startups. Follow up on all customer questions regarding their products and support, including service / warranty issues.
5. Market mapping – market research about new applications & market
6. Generate competitor info and record it in the TSS Food database.
7. Attend trade shows/exhibition/seminars.
8. Be a product technical resource to our customers and sales manager.
9. Ensure all relevant proposals/quotations, contract/order confirmations, and CRM information are maintained in accordance with company policies.
10. Follow, assist, and shadow Sales Managers to potentially grow into a similar position in the new future.
1. Foster and maintain excellent relations with Sales Managers and customers.
2. Update Sales Force CRM database for specific applications.
3. Manage and create sales documentation after a customer visit.
4. Prepare and assist creation of proposal generation to customers.
5. Be technically proficient in all products sold.
6. Offer customers solutions to their problems rather than standalone products.
7. Report competitor sales and product activities to Sales Managers and Director.
|1. Bachelor or above degree, no limit in majors, technical or food engineering related major is preferred.
2. 1-3 year technical consultative sales experience with proved successful record is preferred. Or new graduates with fast learning ability and strong ambition.
3. Be aggressive, ambitious, have passion and can drive for result; never give up mentally. High tolerance for working in fast paced and occasionally stressful conditions.
4. Technical skills: Interested in technology, ability to assess and analyse customer data and requirements.
5. Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and Mandarin. Capable of communication in multinational work environment.
6. Intermediate/advanced computing knowledge of MS Excel, basic MS Suites, internet software and computer hardware.
7. Located in Xiamen with intensive travel to visit customers countrywide (8-15 days every month); regular visits TO TSS-Competence centres (mainly in Europe) or joint visits with customers outside China.
|Skills/abilities:||1. Reflect TOMRA’s core values (Innovation – Passion – Responsibility) and support this towards other team members.
2. High EQ: strong communication abilities, people person, think on other’s feet, customer service mind, team worker.
3. Attention to details and good ability to concentrate.
4. Quick learner
5. Intense concern about China food safty and high quality food,
understanding of the food processing industry is a significant plus.