TOMRA Circular Economy division was established in 2019 with the aim to develop markets and business opportunities for the 2 business streams TOMRA Collection Solutions (TCS) and TOMRA Recycling (TRM) through promotion of circular economy for plastics as well as other materials. Our 2030 vision is to increase global collection rates for recycling of plastic packaging from 14% to 40% and closed loop recycling rates from 2% to 30% through promotion of deposit systems, mixed waste sorting and high-end recycling.
1. Be responsible for market assessment, strategy and execution of Business Development activities for high-end plastic recycling in Asia with the target to maximize business opportunities and growth for TCS and TRM.
2. Be a valuable member of and cooperate with the Asia/Global CE team to strengthen our competence, identify opportunities, develop solutions and promote these in and outside Asia (internal and external consulting work).
Roles and Responsibilities: 1) Market mapping: Map out and stay updated on the market situation for plastic recycling in Asia. Including collection rates, recycling rates, value chain analysis, stakeholder mapping, laws and regulations, production volumes, prices, trends, etc.
2) Strategy and reporting: Identify and prioritize business development (BD) opportunities and develop BD strategy for PA Asia in cooperation with the Regional CE team and global PA team. Execute/report on this strategy.
3) Establish/promote solutions: Stay updated and participate in developing technical process solutions for high-end plastic recycling in cooperation with the global PA team. Promote the solutions and consult clients (companies, authorities, associations, institutes, etc) in the region, at conferences, exhibitions, etc. and one on one in projects. Be an expert in this field and contribute to position TOMRA as a though leader in circular economy. Support and educate internal recourses like the Sales and CE teams.
4) Execute projects: Run projects with local partners towards successful establishment and operation of high-end recycling plants. Work out processing flow and make business plan proposals for sorting and recycling plants. Support central/regional CE and sales team in their projects. Potentially act as key account for strategic clients for high-end plastic recycling (recyclers, brand owners, chemical companies etc.).
5) Networking: Establish and maintain a strong network with players throughout the entire plastic recycling value chain, including the petrochemical industry. On project basis introduce and facilitate cooperation between relevant global/local players to complete the value chain for closed loop recycling (secure feedstock/offset and introduce suitable technology providers, operators, investors, etc.).
Candidate profile: • Technical university degree, preferable: mechanical engineering, chemical engineering or environmental protection. Additional business/commercial knowledge is a plus.
• ＞7 years’ work experience; project management, consulting, etc. Experience in waste management, recycling or petrochemical/polymer industry a big plus.
• Extensive experience in external stakeholder and relationship management and building coalitions.
• Good communication skills both verbal and writing, good presentation and interpersonal skills
• Technical understanding, analytic and business oriented
• Creative, innovative, “thinking out of the box” mentality, solution finder
• Agile, self-starter with an ability to work autonomously
• Team player that thrive in cross-departmental cooperation
Other skills/abilities: • Fluency in English and a second regional language such as Chinese, Japanese, Hindi, etc. Additional languages are a plus
• High mobility, willingness to travel and open to other cultures.